I turned 27 this week and for some reason it sounds scarier than any other age! I think it’s because it’s now officially “late 20’s” and being a mum to a toddler it feels like I should be a grown up. I don’t feel like a grown up! I still feel like I need my mum to cook me tea after school…well she does, but now it’s after work haha!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not whinging about being oooold (ok I’ve said it but i am kinda joking) it’s just a bit bizzare feeling like an adult, and also wondering why it’s taken so long to feel this way. I’ve been responsible for a tiny human for almost 2 years but now that he’s a toddler it seems like more responsibility than having a little baby. Toddlers have social lives, and activity schedules and so much ENERGY! Babies almost revolve around your own schedule. Not exactly all the time, but he was much more willing to do what I wanted when he couldn’t argue with me.
So to celebrate my 27th birthday I’m going to share 27 things about me, that you may or may not know.
1. I’ve always wanted a big family, lot’s of children.
2. After just one I’m not sure I’m cut out for the 6 plus I’d always said I wanted, but I’d like more in the near future.
3.I’m left handed.
4. I have a very vivid imagination, I get totally enthralled in books and they become very real (or I want them to! Who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts!?)
5. My first ‘proper’ boyfriend is now my husband. This year we’ll have been together 11 years.
6. I have an abnormal obsession with to do lists. And never finishing them.
7. On paper I’m so organised, lists to do, to buy, to go etc, but almost always forget to look at them.
8. The first school I went to was welsh speaking and wish I’d been able to go to another welsh speaking school when we moved.
9. Because of this I’ve always had a big interest in learning to speak welsh, but my reading and written welsh is better than my speaking and listening.
10. I didn’t watch the first series (I mean the ‘new’ series’) of Doctor Who first time round. My husband introduced me and I’m now a huge Whovian.
11. I love my cordless Dyson more than is natural.
12. We talked about baby names pretty much since me and my husband got together. We have only ever completely agreed on one boys’ name. If we have another 5 kids I’m terrified theyre all going to be boys and we wont be able to name them.
13. I’m still pretty scared of the dark.
14. I could watch Sweet Home Alabama everyday.
15. I was involved in a lot of ametuer dramatics but havent done anything for a few years.
16. I’m a big tv and film addict, and probably watch at least one film (at home) a week.
17. I couldn’t choose my favourite food becasue I love it too much (hence joining slimming world) but would never say no to spagetti bolognese.
18. When I was very young my dream job was a ballerining pig farmer. I’d worked out that I’d practise the ballet whilst scattering food to the pigs.
19. I pick up peoples accents uncontrolably. I cant stop it and it can be very embarassing.
20. As hard as it can be, being a Mum is the best thing I’ve ever done.
21. One of my favourite holidays was to Las Vegas. I still miss the place and would go back tomorrow.
22. I constantly want to change my hair colour but never manage the up keep. I’m kind of lazy.
23. I dont think childbirth is the most painful thing I’ve ever done. I think being high as a kite on gas and air might have helped this thought.
24. I’ve moved house around 15 times, over 3 different countries. I’ve only lived in one house more than 3 years.
25. I’m completely addicted to fizzy drinks, mostly coke and pepsi max.
26. I used to have a season ticket to Cardiff City football.
27. This was easier than I thought it would be…and I have to stop before there’s 50 plus not overly interesting facts!
Looking forward to whatever new (and hopefully interesting) new facts the future holds
Mrs H xxx